Austin is famous for many things: delicious BBQ (juicy smoked brisket, anyone?), cozy bars, being weird and, of course, live music. With more venues per capita than any other US city, this Texas town has a lot to offer in terms of entertainment. The main events of the year? South by Southwest (better known as SXSW – and much more than a music festival, we know) and Austin City Limits, a classic. So, below you can find all the information you need to attend these world-class events:
When? The City of Austin has canceled the March dates for SXSW until further notice. We will update the following information when the new line-up is revealed.
Where? Most of the conferences and exhibitions happen at the Austin Convention Center, but there are also performances held at other bars, clubs, parks, churches, and hotels around downtown Austin.
What? Like we said before, SXSW is way more than just music. The event also celebrates industries as diverse as tech, TV & film, comedy, and cannabis, among many others. Attendees can enjoy conferences on politics, health, and advertising, plus gaming, art, and wellness exhibitions, and so, so much more. Here are some events we can’t miss out on this year:
- Music: Milky Chance closing the opening night of SXSW Outdoor Stage at Lady Bird Lake
- Design: “Designing for a World Beyond Screens” session, conducted by Adobe Head of Product Mark Webster.
- Film: “Shiva Baby”, directed by Emma Seligman, is one of the most exciting world premieres held at SXSW.
- Wellness Expo: thousands of SXSW attendees and companies in the wellness industry come together to basically figure out how to live better lives.
- Gaming: the conference “Marvel: The Art Of Storytelling In Games”, will be led by Bill Rosemann, Marvel Games’ VP and Head of Creative.
When? October 2-4 & 9-11
Where? Zilker Park
What? ACL features over 125 performers in two weekends and, although this year’s lineup has not been published yet, former performers include Guns ‘n Roses, Childish Gambino, The Cure, Billie Eilish, and Kacey Musgraves, so there’s a little bit for everyone. This festival also features delicious bites from Austin’s top restaurants (OMG, those tacos!), as well as activities for kids, an art market, and lots of cool places to take photos.
The city is full during these events, so don’t miss SXSW and Austin City Limits this year and make sure to book your accommodation ahead of time. Check out our Austin properties to find a home you’ll love to come back to every night, or contact us and let us know where you see yourself staying. We are here to help and can make anything happen! From baby gates to a private jet, we do it all.